I’ll take door number two, Bob?
inb4 anyone calls this unrealistic - I can vouch for those prices as being accurate in California, USA.
Number two for sure.
That’s not one pound of chicken breasts pictured. Those typically tend to weigh about 12oz a breast. So the picture is kinda misleading. (and no, i don’t like being that person who calls it unrealistic)
Those prices are aaaaabsolutely inaccurate for where I live. I WISH you could get a pound of chicken for that price, holy christ.
Hahahahahahahhahaha no. I hate when this crap goes around. Also, the top will feed a family for longer and can be spread out for more. (Also, like someone else said, that’s not a pound of chicken! And that’s name brand chicken pictured, so extra lol.) I don’t wanna even get into the time for prep and cooking and how that all factors in again when the top takes a minute at most to nuke in the microwave, is easy and portable, and filling enough, but I just mean. Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh with this already.
Yeah, I’ve gotten produce for around those prices, maybe the bread, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen chicken for anywhere near that cheap. Also, as has been pointed out numerous times by numerous people, cost is just one of many, many factors to consider.
Not sorry to be that person, because I remain unwilling to put up with this bullshit.
Those tacquitos = something microwaveable I could take to work versus a bunch of food I’d have to prepare beforehand and find storage for, then eat before it goes bad. Frozen convenience food was invented for a reason - and those reasons still totally exist.
How many times must these be debunked? Everyone doesn’t live in the same place or have the same access to grocery stores that sell fresh food or have the same time & space to cook from scratch. We all know that & yet these ads are based on the idea that everyone everywhere is paying the same prices & has the same resources.
Whole grain bread in my area: $4.39
Corn: about $1.75-$2
3lb container of chicken, like is displayed, and the only way you can buy chicken: $5+
so what were you saying
Seriously, I have a family. None of these things address the cost of feeding a teenaged son & his moose of a brother. Yes, I know they’re my kids, they still eat too damned much.
Brownberry bread gets marked down to $4 here when it’s on sale. I refuse to know the real price (bread machine for the win since my kids eat everything anyway), because it will hurt my feelings.
Carrots: $4. A day. They really like carrots.
Corn: $2-3 .
Chicken: Between $8 & $10 lately though that’s just enough for one or two meals. I actually buy chicken in bulk.
Door #2 would be about $17 plus tax where I’m at.
- ignorantteenagewasteland reblogged this from healthy-meal
- trimmingthef4t reblogged this from healthy-meal and added:
- stinkdude reblogged this from jiggerstick
- iaregrace reblogged this from tumblrgym
- audreyis reblogged this from tumblrgym
- te11meicant reblogged this from te11me1cant
- leanmeanmachine23 reblogged this from tumblrgym
- drschuchman reblogged this from miliat
- theartistcondition likes this
- madisoniswasted reblogged this from tumblrgym
- tortugasninjas reblogged this from zucchinihutjr
- tortugasninjas likes this
- zucchinihutjr reblogged this from thisizashhole and added:
- zucchinihutjr likes this
- thedreamzadrima likes this
- thisizashhole reblogged this from healthy-meal
- key2happyness reblogged this from healthy-meal
- explosivbacon reblogged this from fouracesdave
- unphazedcat likes this
- queenfan89 reblogged this from kissing-whiskey
- headduuur reblogged this from tumblrgym and added:
- mandarmi-alle-stelle reblogged this from lamaiituya
- kentsarrow likes this
- ifmusicisthevictim reblogged this from afternoonbubbles
- tellthattogod likes this
- rgr-pop likes this
- clevertits reblogged this from jetlifeterry
- alifecomplete likes this
- countonlybluecars likes this
- builtupfromeveryday likes this
- estabocaesmia likes this
- cunningcunt reblogged this from peacelovemusichappyness and added:
- me3emz likes this
- georgiajourney reblogged this from cosmiccrystals and added:
- momo-mojo likes this
- jetlifeterry reblogged this from cosmiccrystals
- mkhl-grabovski likes this
- iblamereagan likes this
- peacelovemusichappyness reblogged this from cosmiccrystals and added:
- kickasskittykicksaves reblogged this from cosmiccrystals and added:
- butnotinlove likes this
- cosmiccrystals reblogged this from professorofthaumology and added:
- professorofthaumology reblogged this from goforthandagitate
- goforthandagitate reblogged this from robot-heart-politics and added:
- perdiddle likes this
- kalooeh reblogged this from dogslug and added:
- lucifer-is-a-bag-of-dicks reblogged this from youngmoneynort and added: