That is, indeed, three ok vegan meals. I wouldn’t mind eating that. But as someone said up thread, it is incomplete. It could stand for a whole grain and some other things, a healthy fat included. It is also repetitive. Not just that eating the same thing over and over is boring but because it isn’t healthy. There should be a variety of colors in those three meals. Where are the beats, or berries or fats from nuts, or variety of fruits, etc? That is how a college student pretends to eat healthy…they eat a thousand bean and green salads, then wonder why they are lethargic, their nails are brittle, and their hair is thinning. Also…fuck you. That is not sustainable as a diet choice for multiple days, and if you have fresh fruit and veg, it doesn’t last long. When I lived in the city, it was a train ride and a long walk to the grocery store, so I went every two weeks…maybe. Was more like every month when the weather was bad. Greens are not going to stay good that long. Nor could I afford the type of variety neede to maintain a healthy diet in these circumstances.
Flexing my awesome vegan privilege. This is three awesome vegan meals worth of food, each of which brings my awesome vegan stomach to awesome vegan distention, for only $1.25 per meal.
Best picture ever! Too poor to go vegan my ass!
Truth is, being vegan is cheaper than you think.
not everyone can sustain their bodies and their minds on bean/carrot salad. i would have no energy to do anything. also greens and carrots arent this cheap where i live. so shutup. not to mention people who live in areas where there arent grocery stores who dont have any way to get to one. shutupshutupshutup.
OP needs to shhhh
That’s not a nutritionally complete meal at all. I don’t see any fats—which you need to properly absorb the nutrients in the vegetables, you uninformed little shits.
A meal of beans, carrots and collard greens (if you added spices or oils to this you need to incorporate the cost of those) is not caloric enough to sustain everyone. Like people who do physical labor. Or people who are recovering from eating disorders. Or pregnant people. Or a lot of other people. Or maybe people who just don’t fucking agree that eating animal products is evil.
This also looks gross as fuck.
oh jesus christ, i’m surprised it isn’t lentils
also it’s really obvious when food zealots have never had to feed children.
Wow what the cocks is this.
Fuck I don’t even like beans.
Also, veganism is more than food, there are other alternatives that someone would have to consider to live a completely vegan lifestyle, leaving it even MORE expensive than flat out vegetarianism (which is still costly, especially considering things like area, family size, personal biology, etc) and this post has proven to be nothing more than a crockpot of crap that probably taste like what that meal will taste like.
Is the OP a parody post? Because I really can’t tell anymore.
I don’t even understand this shit.
My family were vegans for 3 years, and off and on for another two. We loved it. However, we’re not vegans anymore and haven’t been in five years. Just simply due to our own free will. We simply decided not to be.
While we were vegans we did indeed live very cheaply, part of being vegan in the first place was because we were so poor we could only spend a maximum of $80 a week on food and that bought a lot of beans and rice.
However, as we got more money and were able to know more about being vegans we learned the importance of balancing your proteins and fats and vitamins. We had a worksheet with vitamin sources and percentages (for instance, did you know that spinach doesn’t actually have a huge amount of iron? The myth is based on an old typo). We carefully balanced our meals: breakfast, lunch and dinner. This required up to a week and a half of planning for each meal (we also had a small child, two at the time: autistic, OCD and had severe sensory processing disorder. Imagine for a moment how much FUN that was getting her to eat food AT ALL).
We ate best when we had the privilege available to
1. Plan our meals carefully in order to balance our proteins, vitamins, fats, etc.
2. Afford to supplement our meals accordingly and ensure they were complete.
When we could, it was wonderful. Delicious and nutritious. But when we were living on $85 a week? Fuck that. Beans and rice it is. And that’s awesome for a meal or two a week… but if that’s all you’re feeding your family with, you will fucking die dude. Balancing your meals is incredibly important. Being vegan helped teach us about the importance of nutrition, so even after we gave it up we learned to be extremely mindful of what we were eating… but we also learned important lessons: NOT EVERYONE CAN OR SHOULD BE VEGAN.
PS. Thank god neither of us had Celiac’s disease.
- thebookslut reblogged this from babyslime
- couldbemeconfessing reblogged this from soullesshusk and added:
- atallyn reblogged this from fancybidet and added:
- soulofapoet likes this
- annihilisa reblogged this from soulofapoet
- returnoftheperv likes this
- tastyanagram reblogged this from babyslime
- disco-bloodbath reblogged this from kiradical and added:
- kiradical reblogged this from soulofapoet and added:
- megaera reblogged this from soulofapoet
- xlivvielockex reblogged this from nudiemuse
- zero-girl likes this
- clairedactyl reblogged this from nudiemuse and added:
- nudiemuse reblogged this from soulofapoet and added:
- katiacambia likes this
- trans-lucidity reblogged this from kaysealyn and added:
- trans-lucidity likes this
- catawampus reblogged this from williamleco and added:
- williamleco reblogged this from beerandhotsauce and added:
- aluqa likes this
- upashi likes this
- strawberrydream- likes this
- likerustedwings likes this
- sweetleafy likes this
- kylathegreat likes this
- satoss likes this
- yabamena likes this
- garbageidiot likes this
- youfelinedevil reblogged this from panasonicyouth and added:
- bananapeppers likes this
- awomanking likes this
- strangeandenchanted likes this
- goblinparty reblogged this from panasonicyouth and added:
- osbombing likes this
- thedarkestunicorn reblogged this from poorlycopingqueer and added:
- sugarbooty likes this
- digitalmeowmix likes this
- undercoverinthebay likes this
- ilookincredibeetus reblogged this from treatyoselfartie
- combatbootsandnothingelse reblogged this from treatyoselfartie
- treatyoselfartie reblogged this from isabelthespy
- sarahsaysbegood likes this
- jtothesoe likes this
- teenytinychild likes this
- jenni-rose reblogged this from squintyoureyes
- arobynsung reblogged this from squintyoureyes and added:
- koimbra likes this
- owllee likes this
- squintyoureyes reblogged this from popca
- piestarter reblogged this from blackraincloud and added: